The table below shows the cost of entry for the 2019 Sundowner Tri.
Tier 1 prices apply from when entries open. Please note that prices can increase to the next tier at any point.
Online Entry Form – Currently Tier 3 Prices
1. Receive a FULL REFUND of the race purchase price and processing fee should you be unable to attend your event due to a specified reason, such as: • Injury or illness • Vehicle breakdown or theft • Work relocation • And more.
2. Crash Damage and Theft, for your bike during our event... *See full policy terms in the Freebird T&C's at the end of this form or by visiting www.yellowjersey.co.uk/freebird
1: General I accept this event is run under rules and conditions laid down by Freebird Events, and any relevant sporting governing bodies. I agree to acquaint myself with and abide by those rules and any organisers instructions. I understand that it is the competitors responsibility to navigate the course and that it is my own sole responsibility to safeguard such clothing and equipment as I may use. I understand and agree that I participate in this event at my own risk and that no liability whatsoever shall attach to Freebird Events Ltd, the race referees or any person involved in the event organisation, for any injury, accidents, fatality, illness, loss or damage suffered by me in, or by reason of the event, however such may be caused. I understand that it is my own sole responsibility to obey the Highway Code at all times during the course of the event.
2: Competitor Responsibility Statement Participating in a triathlon/duathlon/aquathlon requires fitness and skill. I confirm that I have done sufficient training to ensure that I am fit enough to cope with the demands of this event and that my technical skills are adequate for the diverse requirements of the competition.
I accept that taking part in this event is by its nature hazardous and contains certain inherent risks including, but not limited to:
• Drowning during the swim section
• Suffering injury and damage arising out of a crash or collision during the cycle section
• Suffering injury due to the actions of other competitors or spectators
There are many other foreseeable risks to which I consent.
I accept that I owe a significant duty of care to all other competitors, spectators and race officials. I will exercise all reasonable care to avoid causing death, injury or loss to any such persons and will indemnify the event organisers and British Triathlon from and against any liability found against them arising out of my negligent or reckless acts.
I accept that in the event of my requiring medical attention during the event the medical personnel appointed by the event organiser take no responsibility for the treatment provided for any unreported existing condition which increases the risk of a medical emergency. I know of no physical or medical impediment that would render my participation in this event undesirable.
I acknowledge that the event organiser has relied on this statement (in its entirety) in accepting my entry to the event and that if I was unable or unwilling to agree to all the matters set out above in this statement of responsibility the event organiser would not allow me to compete. All statements of fact are true.
3: Competitor Withdrawal If for any reason a competitor finds themselves unable to race and wish to withdraw from the event they must inform Freebird Events Ltd in writing prior to the event. Providing the withdrawal application is received by Freebird Events Ltd, no later than 14 days before the event in question a race credit note will be issued. The credit note is equivalent to 75% of the original race entry fee if 28 days or more notice is given. The credit note is equivalent to 60% of the original race entry fee if 21 to 27 days notice is given. The credit note is equivalent to 50% of the original race entry fee if 14 to 20 days notice is given. Credit notes will be issued by email, this may take up to 14 days after Freebird Events are in receipt of withdrawal notification. Withdrawal applications received less than 14 days prior to the event in question will not receive a credit note or refund. Please note there is no option to defer an entry to another event. Withdrawal applications should initially be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark your application “Withdrawal” Please note that Race Credits are not transferable between applicants. Credit Notes issued are valid for 12 months from the date of withdrawal application.
4: Payment Plan In order for your entry to be complete all payments must be made in accordance with the chosen payment plan. Please note the deposit payment is non refundable. The additional monthly payments will come under the general competitor withdrawal conditions. Providing the conditions of withdrawal are met, a credit note can be issued for any additional paid payments (excluding the deposit payment). Failure to make all payments will result in you forfeiting your entry. Once the final payment has been made a place will be reserved for you in the event.
5: Communication I agree that details obtained from this form, may be collected and used to communicate with me by Freebird Events. I may, at any time, request to view amend or delete these details, by contacting Freebird Events directly.Freebird Events will communicate with competitors by email or sms text messaging. This will be our main form of communication to send out important information relating to all events. You may unsubscribe to the mailing list at any time.Please note, we do not pass on your details to anybody else.
6: Attempted Swapping of entries Please note that the swapping of entries between competitors is forbidden as it may invalidate insurance undertaken by Freebird Events Ltd, necessary, to cover the event. Any person found to have passed their entry to another person, and any person found to have taken up that entry may be refused entry into any future Freebird Events.
7: Right of refusal for entry Freebird Events Ltd maintain the right to refuse or revoke entry to any applicant, where they believe that accepting the entry could prejudice the event, the promoting organisation their sponsors, associates or staff. This right of refusal extends to include applications where acceptance is considered by the promoters to be likely to infringe upon the enjoyment of any persons connected with the event, including staff, marshals, volunteers & other competitors.
8: Event Cancellation If for reasons beyond the control of Freebird Events Ltd, due to unforeseen, naturally occurring events, including an ‘act of God’, the race / event, which applicants have entered has to be cancelled or postponed, Freebird Events Ltd will be unable to offer a refund.
9: Photography Freebird Events Ltd maintain the right to use images and photographs taken by their contracted photographers at any of their promoted events without informing event participants. These images may be used for promotional purposes as undertaken by Freebird Events Ltd or their sponsors
10: Insurance Cover
Yellow Jersey Terms and Conditions
Booking Fee Protection & Event Day Bike Cover Terms and Conditions
Participants have the option to add insurance cover for their non-refundable booking fee, as well as up to £5,000 of cover for their bike valid on the day of their event. By opting into the cover, competitors are added to our group insurance policy, powered by the bicycle insurance experts Yellow Jersey.
Opted-in participants are covered under these terms, conditions and exceptions contained in the Yellow Jersey policy wording. These documents, along with information on how to make a claim, can be found by visiting yellowjersey.co.uk/freebird
What is Covered
Theft of your bicycle from transition and accidental damage of your bicycle while taking part in your event.
You are covered for theft or malicious damage to you bicycle in a transition area for up to 24 hours before the event you signed up for. Yellow Jersey will, at their option, repair or replace, any bicycle up the price you paid and subject to a limit of £5,000. They may use specialist suppliers for repair, including carbon specialists. When instructing carbon repair no amount can be paid for the loss of any warranty or perceived devaluation of your bike. All carbon repair will be offered with a lifetime warranty for works carried out.
What is not covered?
1. The first £150 of every claim.
2. Accessories are not covered
3. Accidental damage when loaned or hired out by you to any other person.
4. Any accidental damage following abandonment.
5. Any accidental damage claims for marring, scratching, denting or cosmetic damage.
6. Any accidental damage claims for a pedal cycle frame unless there are visible signs of structural damage.
7. Any accidental damage claims for wear and tear, corrosion, rust, change in colour of finish, chemical reaction, scratching, denting, cosmetic changes.
8. Any accidental damage claims for mechanical or electrical breakdown or defect or electronic malfunction.
9. Damage where you fail to use or maintain the bicycle in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
10. Warranty issues, faulty or defective design, materials or workmanship or latent defect and defects in operation.
Non-refundable entry booking fees up to £400 per claim.
Yellow Jersey will pay the non-refundable entry and booking fees, less any refunds, for your race if a sudden and unexpected event prevents you from attending as outlined below:
1. Any serious injury or any unforeseen serious illness occurring to you which results in you being unable to attend your event. You must be examined by a physician and the physician must advise you in writing not to attend the event.
2. Any serious injury or any unforeseen serious illness occurring to a family member which requires you to provide primary care to that person. Your family member must be examined by a physician and evidence provided.
3. Any serious injury or any unforeseen serious illness occurring to your family member that is considered life threatening or requiring hospitalisation. Your family member must be examined by a physician and evidence provided.
4. The death of a family member on or within thirty (30) days prior to the event date.
5. You being required to serve on a jury or served with a court order which requires your appearance in court on the day of the event, and which prevents you from attending the event.
6. Your home being made uninhabitable by fire, flood, burglary, vandalism, or natural disasters.
7. You being directly involved in a traffic accident on the day of the event that causes either: Injury to you; or Damage to your vehicle that creates an immediate need for repair to ensure its safe operation.
8. You being on active military duty and having personal leave revoked, except for disciplinary reasons.
9. You, after having been with the same employer for at least three continuous years, being terminated or laid off, except for disciplinary reasons, after the effective date of coverage.
10. You not arriving at the venue in time for your race due to a delay by a common carrier used for transportation.
11. Your automobile having a mechanical breakdown within 24 hours of the event which results in the vehicle being unable to be driven to the event.
12. Your place of work being made unsuitable for business by fire, burglary, vandalism or natural disasters within 48 hours prior to the event.
What is not Covered
1. Pre-Existing conditions.
2. Intentionally self-inflicted harm, suicide or attempted suicide.
3. Normal pregnancy, fertility treatments, childbirth or elective abortion, other than unforeseen complications of pregnancy of you or your family.
4. Mental or nervous health disorders, including but not limited to: anxiety, depression, neurosis or psychosis; or physical complications related thereto of you or your family.
5. Alcohol or substance abuse; or conditions or physical complications related thereto to you or your family.
6. Any unlawful acts committed by you or your family whether they are insured or not.
7. You making changes to personal plans or having a business or contractual obligation.
8. The event being cancelled or delayed by the venue or promoter for any reason (including bad weather).
9. Prohibition or regulation by any government.
10. Lost or stolen tickets or entry forms.
11. Any expected or foreseeable events.
12. If you give incorrect data or facts.
13. If the loss is not submitted to Yellow Jersey within 14 days from the date of loss.
Freebird Events Ltd49 Jute RoadAcombYorkYO26 5ES
Tel: 01904 339435Email: email@example.com
Company No 06409830Registered in York
Terms and Conditions